Are Veneers Right for Me?
Chances are there's something you don't like about your smile. Maybe one of your teeth is chipped or discolored, or perhaps one tooth is just a little shorter than others. Dental veneers offer a simple way to correct minor cosmetic issues. Dr. Sanacore, Dr. Kunert and Dr. DeBourg-Shilaimon, your Costa Mesa, CA dentists at Harbor Mesa Dental Care, share some information about veneers that will help you decide if they're the right choice for you.
Veneers hide a variety of flaws
Veneers are thin pieces of porcelain attached to the front surfaces of your teeth. They're the ideal solution if you want to:
- Hide Discolorations: Teeth can become yellow or brown if you've used the antibiotic tetracycline or had large fillings, root canals or other dental procedures. Veneers may be thin, but they're thick enough to completely cover discolorations.
- Conceal Chips or Cracks: They may be small, but chips or cracks can make you feel self-conscious about your smile. Adding a veneer or two is an easy way to cover up minor imperfections.
- Improve the Appearance of Crooked or Oddly Shaped Teeth: Do you have one tooth that's a little crooked, too pointed or just plain odd? After you receive a veneer, that tooth will blend in perfectly.
- Close Gaps: Veneers can even be used to hide slight gaps between your teeth. If gaps are large, orthodontic treatment may be the better option.
- Whiten Your Smile: Stain-resistant veneers can whiten your entire smile. In fact, you can pick just how white you want your teeth to be when you choose veneers.
The veneer process is uncomplicated
Getting veneers is a two-step process. During the first visit, your Costa Mesa dentist will lightly file the fronts of your teeth to ensure a perfect fit for your new veneers. Once your teeth are filed, they make an impression of your teeth, which is sent to the dental laboratory that will create the veneers. You'll be provided with a set of temporary veneers, which you'll wear until the permanent veneers are ready in a few weeks. After making any necessary adjustments, your dentist will attach the veneers with dental cement and bond them to your teeth with a curing light.
Are you ready to improve your smile with veneers? Call Dr. Sanacore, Dr. Kunert and Dr. DeBourg-Shilaimon, your Costa Mesa, CA dentists at Harbor Mesa Dental Care, at (714) 825-0025 to schedule an appointment. Perfect your smile with veneers!