The Benefits Of Dental Implants
Are you ready to fill the gaps in your smile? Your Costa Mesa, CA, dentists, Drs. Sanacore, Kunert and DeBourg-Shilaimon of Harbor Mesa Dental Care, can help you complete your smile with long-lasting dental implants.
Why you should consider dental implants
Replacing missing teeth not only improves your appearance but may make eating and speaking much easier. Dental implants offer the most technologically advanced way to replace missing teeth.
Implants are titanium posts placed in small openings created in your jawbone during minor oral surgery in Costa Mesa. The implants are topped with dental crowns, restorations that restore the tops parts of missing teeth. When the crowns are connected to the implants, you'll have brand new teeth that function just as effectively as your natural teeth.
Dental implants offer many advantages, including these key benefits:
- Longevity: Dental implants bond to your jawbone and become permanently attached to the bone. In many cases, implants never need to be replaced.
- Comfort: You won't have to worry about gum irritation or slipping with dental implants. Since each crown is securely attached to an implant, your new teeth won't budge no matter what you eat.
- Excellent Biting Power: Strong roots give you the power you need to eat anything you want.
- Good Jawbone Strength: Your jawbone can weaken after you lose teeth. As the bone begins to shrink, facial sagging and tooth loss can occur. Fortunately, dental implants continually stimulate the jawbone, preventing shrinking.
- Easy Care: Good oral hygiene keeps your implants in good condition and prevents infections that could loosen your implants. You won't have to make any changes to your usual oral hygiene regimen after receiving dental implants. You'll simply brush your crowns and floss them carefully around the implants every day.
- Multiple Options: Implants aren't just used to replace single teeth. In fact, dental implants can be a good option even if you've lost several teeth or wear dentures. Although one implant is required for each crown when a single tooth is restored, that's not the case for multiple teeth. If you plan to replace your removable, full dentures with implant-supported dentures, you may need as few as four implants per arch.
Improve your smile with dental implants. Call your dentists in Costa Mesa, CA, Drs. Sanacore, Kunert and DeBourg-Shilaimon of Harbor Mesa Dental Care, at (714) 825-0025 to schedule your appointment.